another stenciled background..

Leave a comment

_MG_6370 (Medium) Todays card is made with pieces of cardstock that I was experimenting with. I took some white cardstock and stenciled through a Kaisercraft stencil with Liquitex iridescent medium. It leaves a lovely pearly pattern on my cardstock. To make the card I just used whatever was on my craft desk which happened to be some Prima bits and pieces and a die cut fence and white ribbon. This morning we went and picked up a new puppy who we have called daisy, and at the moment she is getting to know our other puppy Luna. They will be best mates, I am sure, at the moment they are running around the back yard! Til tomorrow…..

Advertisements

Making my own background papers!

Leave a comment

_MG_6368 (Medium) Todays card is a little different for me because I was experimenting with adding more to my background papers. I have used the Kaisercraft Romantique range, and taken quite a plain piece of the 12 x 12 paper from the range, used  a kaisercraft stencil and brushed through the stencil with Liquitex iridescent medium. In real life this gives the paper a lovely sheen and I was quite impressed! I went on to decorate my card with some collectables from the same range and some trim and ribbon. The butterfly is on acetate which I fussy cut from a 12 x 12 sheet of them also from the kaisercraft Romantique range. Thats itfor today…I am off to the craft room to continue on planning my April lessons! til tomorrow….

What I did yesterday….

Leave a comment

IMG_0083IMG_0085IMG_0086 I had a couple of new products to try out and a free afternoon yesterday so I sat down and just played! Up in the top corner of the first photo there is a jar of Nuvo Glitter paste ( gold) which I brushed through a kaisercraft stencil to make a great background piece which is now sitting on my desk ready to be transformed into a card. I used a paintbrush to spread the paste and it dried super quickly with no heat required. The second experiment was with Liquitex iridescent medium. Firstly I tried applying it through a stencil with my brayer, which worked to a degree but it was a little patchy ( I used that first piece on the card that is in the top photo. I discarded the brayer for a paintbrush and liked that way better.. I had more control over how thickly I applied it, and got a more even spread. I used a heat tool to dry, but could have left it to dry naturally if I had more patience! The bottom two photos show how I used those backgrounds. I am looking forward to more experiments with both these products on my next free afternoon! Til tomorrow…..